Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's partying time!

I’ve been caught up in birthday plans for the past few days. It’s my 21st birthday party, so exciting! I know I know… my birthday is only in December, but I can’t wait! I even bought my birthday dress 6 months in advance. (Still working on the shoes).

I forgot how hectic and stressful party planning could be. My sisters agreed to help me plan but they haven’t started (hint hint) so I’m getting the ball rolling.

Location
At first I wanted something big, like renting a hall and pimping it to be some club (watching too much My Super Sweet 16). But my sister suggested doing it in my dad’s pub, Mandolin. Small and cozy but potentially fun. I didn’t like the idea at first but now its really grown on me. I’m really hoping to do it there, but with the bar open on Sunday’s now, it will be hard to have a private party. That means there might be some drunk old men there, Ew. So location is yet to be confirmed.

Guest List
The perfect number of guest I think will be 40. But the list I’ve made has 55, and I counted couples as one. So that’s around 70 people, way too much. Lets say 20 people don’t come; I’m still stuck with 50 names. Looks like I have to cut some names off. The last party I had with some friends, we had to short list a few names as well. The people we short-listed because we just had too, took it personally and still give me shit about it, and the party was 2 years ago! So I have no idea how I’m going to do this now. Guest List yet to be confirmed.

Theme
I really want to throw a party with a theme. But everything I come up with seems too fancy (masquerade) or perhaps a little boring (Casino). So maybe ill just have like a colour scheme or something. If anyone has any cool ideas please do tell me. Theme, not available.

Alcohol
My dear mother has been buying alcohol bottles for my party already! But I do think she overbought gin and vodka. I hate gin, I sure hope u guys don’t, cause I aint drinking it. Current Stock Check Stands At = 16 bottles of alcohol

4 Bombay Sapphire
5 Vodka (mostly Absolut)
2 Whisky
2 Baileys
1 Tequila
1 Bacardi Rum
1 Coffee Layered Liqueur (not sure this is for me)

I guess we need some beer, and perhaps more tequila and whiskey. Alcohol and Beverages, confirmed.

Food
No idea what I’m going to do about this yet. Ryan says he’s getting his awesome chicken pies, the one he had on his birthday. Those were awesome, thanks Ryan. Since Armand mentioned the roasted lamb leg, I haven’t forgotten about it. And will try my best to put it in the menu. My sister suggested just finger food and concentrate on it just being a party. The less I spend on food the more I can spend on alcohol. Sounds tempting. Food yet to be confirmed.

Sound System and Music
I’m hoping to rent really good speakers so it will be loud and pumping! As to what music I will be playing, I want it to be majority trance and tecno, but Ill squeeze in some r&b, just for old time sake. Andrew and I was thinking of mixing up a country song with some feng tau beats, try and see what we can come up with. Blur also requested if his band can play a few songs. I would love for them too if I can get the proper equipment. Let them promote their new band, Andrew and I can play our country ah beng remix and hopefully I can play one or two of Harris’s mix that he’s been working on (haven’t asked him yet). Just to see how people like it. Music, working on it.

Deco and invitation cards
I was thinking of printing out cute pink name cards as the invitation. But the time I confirm all the details it might be too late to get it printed in time. But I do really want to do this. It will be sooo cute! And I want awesome lighting. Some flashing lights.. so it will feel more like a club. Need to go hunting for this.

Looks like I really haven’t done much since nothing is confirmed. But I sure hope to get everything planned and sorted out by November. I will keep the updates posted here for I’m sure some stuff wont go as plan and I’ll be stressing and whining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh god i hate jin too..
it just sux
Get more tequila u will need it for shots :P