Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Guilty as Convicted

I searched Friendster dying for some way to contact any of Kent's friends. Lucky enough i did find his colleague! So i message her, and asked her if she knew how to contact Kent cos i really wanted to wish him happy birthday and see how he was doing.

This is what she replied:

“hello, i'm kent sis in melaka ... his is not feeling well now! n he cant talk much, sleeping everyday!tq for caring for him ya......take care....”

That was it. No contact number, no information, nothing. I don't know what i was expecting messaging her. But whatever i was expecting, i sure hell wasn't expecting this. I was disappointed. I wanted to know more, i wanted some way to talk to him myself. Wanted to know how he was holding up. Wanted to know if he was happy. I was hoping that he was doing great, anything, anything but this.

Now i feel so ashamed of myself. That i didn't keep in touch with him. That i didn't check up on him sooner. Its not that i didn't want to. I was afraid, afraid of hearing exactly what his colleague told me. That he wasn't doing well. Its not that i forgot him. I think of him everyday since.

I'm so upset now. When i saw her message, i was in tears. I don't know why. I don't know what i should do next. Don't know if i want to see him lying in bed, helpless. I don't want to feel more guilty than i already am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey hey surely it isnt ur fault all that thing that hapenned.
I can stillr emember those damned days last year ... U were ready to do anything to go see him
And u did visited him
I know that if u could do it again u would ikm sure of it
What his sis do is absolutely normal... He is trying to recover Imagine that everyday he has calls of unknown to him people saying hi remember me?
He will get so confused
Thins are surely getting better for him
Better days will come dunno when but will and u will see him again
He managed to escapet he danger he is strong he will surely be healthy again...
Patience tri