Monday, October 01, 2007

Settlers of Catan

Round 1

This was a horrible game for me. I had horrible placement and horrible luck. It just wasn’t going for me. I was ready to loose and head over to Sanctuary for more beers. My other opponents was Ainul, Karan and Vincent. These players were nasty! They were good, and pretty vicious if u ask me. Karan was winning for the start, he got really good placement and luck. He had so much control over the game that it was him who decided which one of us would qualify alongside him. (top 2 qualifies to the next round.) Karan was hilarious, he was the only one kidding and joking around and just having fun! I had a blast playing with him, and I don’t know what posses him to pick me over the rest, but he hooked me up, (Karan: who wants 3 brick and 1 wood for anything? Triona: wtf? Pick me pick me!) And we both qualified.

*I hope I didn’t offend Ainul, he is a great friend to me and my alliance might have cheesed him off. I understand why, I got played out by Andy last year. So cheers Ainul, u will always be my fave Catan player!*

1st: Karan
2nd: Triona

Round 2

Now this has to be the most difficult game in the tournament. My opponents were Ryan(lasts years champion), Dennis and (insert name here). I was so clueless in this match. I thought there was no alliance and it was just free for all. But what I didn’t know was that Ryan and Dennis were partners in crime. They were so sneaky about it unlike Karan and I. I didn’t notice the alliance until it was almost too late. Ryan was about to win already, and I was in second place followed by Dennis and sneaky (insert name here). Ryan was stalling the game a lot and I noticed that there was a lot of trading going on between Ryan and Dennis. And the trades seemed to favor Dennis more. Well Ryan didn’t need anymore points, he just needed Dennis to get higher points then me to qualify. I was so stressed and nervous for this game, my hands were shaking, I was stuttering. I was so damn scared. Dennis and I were tied for 9 points and we both needed just 1 more point to win. I was freaking out of my mind. I almost won but had to get rid of half my hand. But in the end Dennis lucked out and I got lucky. The die roles favored me and I managed to bag that precious 1 point.

*Ryan is an amazing settlers player, he will always be my biggest challenge.*

1st: Ryan
2nd: Triona


Final

My opponents was Bryan(my ex, hahaha), Karan and Ryan. This has got to be the most intense nerve wrecking game I have ever played. It was a game where if u made 1 wrong move, u are fucked. These players are the top of their game. They knew what they were doing; there was no cheating them or manipulating them. There was barely any trading either. I managed to do well in this game, I had 8 points and all I had to do was build 1 road and I would steal 2vp for the longest road away from Karan. Ryan told me to just win it. I figured that if I claimed victory now and its Ryan’s turn next, he has a high chance of scoring 1 point to make 2nd place. They were all pretty far from getting 10 points before me so Karan asked if I could stall for 1 turn so he could get another 1 point and then only I can take his longest road. I was a little bit scared but I agreed, he helped me out earlier, so I need to return that favor. Ryan then gets pissed at this and gives Bryan 3 roads so he can build the longest road and it will be hard for me or Karan to win. This is when I felt really stupid, I could have won but decided not to and I almost lost the game to Bryan. Bryan actually announced that he had won already, but he had miscalculated his cards and was short just 1 card for the win. I almost died of a heart attack! Karan’s turn was next and feeling really sorry he scored 1 more point and he was now tied with me. Bryan 9 points, Karan 8 points, Triona 8 points and Ryan 7 points. But now Bryan has 4 roads more than me, so I need to build 5 roads to steal that 2 points from Bryan. Seemed impossible. But again my dice roll was amazing and I managed to build 5 fuckign roads for the win.

*All 4 of us have agreed prior to the final game that we should split the 2nd place prize amongst all of us so none of us will go home empty handed. The 2nd place prize happened to be 1000dollars worth of boardgames. Im glad I didn’t win and waited for Karan, I don’t think my conscience would have let me go if I just won that round.*

1st: Triona
2nd: Karan

No comments: